The parties in the Paper and Pulp chamber of the Bargaining Council reached a full and final settlement agreement consisting of the following elements:
- 7.75% increase with effect from 1 July 2018
- Applicable to all employees in the bargaining unit
- Shift allowance increased by 0.5% to 10.5%
- Minimum wage increased to R7250.00 per month
- Agreement valid for one year
(click here to read the full agreement)
Sappi has already signed the agreement and Mondi is due to also sign the agreement today.
Congratulations to the members for winning this battle and thank you to the negotiators.